New Ideas and Suggestions

Want to shape colwiz with your ideas? Let us know your ideas and suggestions, and together, we will make colwiz even more awesome!

I think...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar

I think you should use the calendar in a different way The calendar should allow to attach files to the day in the calendar, in the form of links that can be positioned inside the square that comprehends the day in the calendar. Results obtained in that day, pdf files, versions of papers during writing should be positioned with notes that describe the results obtained for instance using popup windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync between Colwiz calendars and mac calendar

I think that a possibility to sync the colwiz calendars and the mac calendar app would be a very nice extension

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Citation from captions

Adding a citation inside a figure caption doesn't work (Word Office 2010, Windows 7). The citation is given number "1", and the reference is not added to the bibliography with the citations from the main body text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you tell us how you’re inserting the picture on your document? Are you doing it by going into the “Insert” tab and selecting the “Picture” button? Or by some other way? Thank you.

4. Add a function to import open pdf files from browsers.

At the moment it seems that references can only be imported from a web browser using specific search engines, and from their search results or publication information pages. Being able to directly download pdfs (and the corresponding citation info) that are open in a web browser would make the web importer more versatile.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tell the user whether import succeeded ot not

At the moment it can silently fail, perhaps because the paper is already there, and perhaps not.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting. Try downloading the latest version of colwiz off our website and see if the problem persists.

Also mention the source which you are importing from.

6. create the possibility to add tags to (shared) document folders

Would it be possible to tag the articles shared in our library with certain keywords? Or, otherwise, structure them in another way?
    Let's say, our group shares several hundert publications after using colwiz for a while, and you want to see all articles which are associated with a certain topic, i.e. climate change or a certain measurement method.

In this case, it would be helpful to be able to view all papers which have a certain tag.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting. This feature is already present in colwiz. Once you select a publication, double click on the panel on the right to edit its details. There, you can scroll down and find the “Keywords” tab where you can add and save keywords for that article.

Once a keyword has been associated with an article, it can be searched up with that keyword using the “view all keywords” button on the top right of your colwiz library panel. Write the keyword on the search bar there and you will see all the articles associated with it.

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Ideas and Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base