New Ideas and Suggestions

Want to shape colwiz with your ideas? Let us know your ideas and suggestions, and together, we will make colwiz even more awesome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. move discussions from one project to another

There are the cases that I happened to start a topic/ share thoughts in a wrong project. I couldn't find any function to move this topic to the project I would like it to be. So I have to delete the original flow of discussion then type them letter by letter (or copy/paste) in the right place. It is troublesome. It couldn't be better to have an option of 'move to' than ' x (delete)' at the upper right corner or than 'like' and 'comment' at the bottom of each dialogue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with colwiz
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. create the possibility to add tags to (shared) document folders

Would it be possible to tag the articles shared in our library with certain keywords? Or, otherwise, structure them in another way?
    Let's say, our group shares several hundert publications after using colwiz for a while, and you want to see all articles which are associated with a certain topic, i.e. climate change or a certain measurement method.

In this case, it would be helpful to be able to view all papers which have a certain tag.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting. This feature is already present in colwiz. Once you select a publication, double click on the panel on the right to edit its details. There, you can scroll down and find the “Keywords” tab where you can add and save keywords for that article.

Once a keyword has been associated with an article, it can be searched up with that keyword using the “view all keywords” button on the top right of your colwiz library panel. Write the keyword on the search bar there and you will see all the articles associated with it.

3. Colwiz should allow bookmarking, highlighting and annotating on any website.

If Colwiz allowed bookmarking, highlighting and annotating on any website it would definitely surpass your competition such ad Diigo.com. It would also allow me to use it with each class I teach ever month.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a folder for publications which info couldn't be extracted automatically

When Colwiz cannot extract the info from a PDF file or "has a doubt" about the extracted info, the publication should be put in a "Needs review" folder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. enable the tag function for the documented thoughts/discussions in projects

Hello.
    It couldn't be better to add a 'tag' function to the dialogues/discussions documented in the projects. Thus when the archives get more and more, classification of the thoughts/topics will be much easier and so does the search. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I need to be able to view a collection by keywords.

I work for a research centre. The current ability to view the keywords for the entire library is fine and the results are presented well, but I need the ability to view keywords by collection, so I can compare the keywords from publications of different collections.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sync between Colwiz calendars and mac calendar

I think that a possibility to sync the colwiz calendars and the mac calendar app would be a very nice extension

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Folder Flexibility

It would be nice if it would be possible to move the folders of the Library and to achieve more flexibility. So new projects (folder) may be also listed above and not as the lowest folder

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Find duplicates using checksum and hash on PDF files

Finding duplicates using DOI info is nice, but not all files have DOIs.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

True! But then colwiz also has other Data Identifiers like pubmed and arXivID apart from DOIs as fallback solutions.

Do you have something else in mind regarding this?

Thanks for posting!

10. Allow more than one Group calendar

It is usefull to have a separate calendar for, e.g. for booking devices.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

That sounds like a neat idea – thanks for taking the time to post! I have passed your suggestion on to our engineers for possible future implementation. At present we are addressing high demand requests with first priority, but please be assured that your idea will be assessed by the development team.

colwiz Team

11. Browser indicator

Browser extension that indicates if the article in the opened page was already imported into Colwiz.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Zotero importer ignores italic text

I switch over to colwiz because it supports Google Docs. After importing my library from Zotero, all text marked in italics (i. e. species names in titles) disappeared. Now I have to edit all publications and retype the html tag for italics (<i>E. coli</i>). That's quite a lot of work.
    It would be better to import this information as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fullscreen support for MacOs Mountain Lion

Would it be possible to create a Full screen functionality for the Mac Mountain Lion OS?

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Crucial

1- It will be a marvellous app/programme/website, if you can integrate Colwiz with Jabref (since Jabref is also written in Java) and/or Kbibtex. Extracting citations in Bibtex form will be much easier than now.

2- It is interesting not to see New Hart's (Oxford) style in a website/app prepared by researchers of Oxford University. It will be very kind of you if you can add it to the options.

3- Finally but momentous, it will be amazing if you can make google scholar to recognize -just and only- the articles shared to all world in Colwiz.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make the Desktop app Retina display ready

because right now, all these pixels look a bit ugly on my screen :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Calendar

I think you should use the calendar in a different way The calendar should allow to attach files to the day in the calendar, in the form of links that can be positioned inside the square that comprehends the day in the calendar. Results obtained in that day, pdf files, versions of papers during writing should be positioned with notes that describe the results obtained for instance using popup windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Edit publications in Groups

Currently, it is not possible, to edit a publication in a group. Maybe, because it is just linked to the main entry. But the problem is that the title formatting (i. e. species names in italics) is lost. Also, if I click on the group's entry, the formatting gets also lost in the main entry. That's a bug, i think.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Import from local Mendeley database

The current Mendeley import is pulling the info from the Mendeley website. It'll be more efficient if it could import from the local Mendeley database: faster and capable of retrieving the pdfs directly from the hard drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We understand this must be very convenient for our users to import their data directly from Mendeley’s Database and we’re trying to come up with a permanent solution for it. This idea is definitely being explored by the team.

However if you want a quicker import, you can always do it as a BibTeX file. Export your Mendeley data as a BibTeX and import it into colwiz.

Thanks for posting!

19. it really hard to open multiple attachments at same time

so I suggest to Open attached files in new tap.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. abandoned task label

Dear Colwiz team,

I just did a follow-up on the lower ranks of my task list - and just realized that there are some projects I did not follow through and subsequently abandonned (for various reasons).
    Is it possible you add a feature abonned tasks? It would allow to keep track of them and would help with a better self-assessment on one#s project realization-rate...
    Thanks! Anna

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That really would be a cool feature, we agree. Our team is constantly looking at different alternatives to improve tracking and delegations of tasks and we shall definitely take this idea into consideration too.

Currently you can still keep track of over-due tasks by searching your tasks list and sorting by date and overdue tasks will show up with a red indicator on their due dates.

You do make a strong case with your opinion as there should be some notification given to the user when their tasks get over due. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• Don't see your idea?

New Ideas and Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base