New Ideas and Suggestions

Want to shape colwiz with your ideas? Let us know your ideas and suggestions, and together, we will make colwiz even more awesome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. move discussions from one project to another

There are the cases that I happened to start a topic/ share thoughts in a wrong project. I couldn't find any function to move this topic to the project I would like it to be. So I have to delete the original flow of discussion then type them letter by letter (or copy/paste) in the right place. It is troublesome. It couldn't be better to have an option of 'move to' than ' x (delete)' at the upper right corner or than 'like' and 'comment' at the bottom of each dialogue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with colwiz
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. create the possibility to add tags to (shared) document folders

Would it be possible to tag the articles shared in our library with certain keywords? Or, otherwise, structure them in another way?
    Let's say, our group shares several hundert publications after using colwiz for a while, and you want to see all articles which are associated with a certain topic, i.e. climate change or a certain measurement method.

In this case, it would be helpful to be able to view all papers which have a certain tag.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting. This feature is already present in colwiz. Once you select a publication, double click on the panel on the right to edit its details. There, you can scroll down and find the “Keywords” tab where you can add and save keywords for that article.

Once a keyword has been associated with an article, it can be searched up with that keyword using the “view all keywords” button on the top right of your colwiz library panel. Write the keyword on the search bar there and you will see all the articles associated with it.

3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android Phone/Tablet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Optional field for LaTeXed title

Publications (in my field, at least) often have formulae in their titles. As well as the main "title" field, it would be useful to have an optional second field where one could add LaTeX code, which would then be used in place of the plain text title when exporting to BibTeX.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Colwiz should allow bookmarking, highlighting and annotating on any website.

If Colwiz allowed bookmarking, highlighting and annotating on any website it would definitely surpass your competition such ad Diigo.com. It would also allow me to use it with each class I teach ever month.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a folder for publications which info couldn't be extracted automatically

When Colwiz cannot extract the info from a PDF file or "has a doubt" about the extracted info, the publication should be put in a "Needs review" folder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. enable the tag function for the documented thoughts/discussions in projects

Hello.
    It couldn't be better to add a 'tag' function to the dialogues/discussions documented in the projects. Thus when the archives get more and more, classification of the thoughts/topics will be much easier and so does the search. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I need to be able to view a collection by keywords.

I work for a research centre. The current ability to view the keywords for the entire library is fine and the results are presented well, but I need the ability to view keywords by collection, so I can compare the keywords from publications of different collections.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Folder management

Hello! I'm new to colwiz but it is instantly loveable, easy and great to use. Yet, I have two short suggestions for the android app:

1. Could you allow the app to delete articles, create folders and move them between them?
    2. Could you add support for the smart folders in the app?

Thanks I lot, I appreciate your work and help

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android Phone/Tablet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add support for high DPI screens

Windows 8 scaling makes the UI appear very blurry, but disabling the scaling makes the UI too small to be usable. The software seems like exactly what I'd like, but I am unable to use it sadly.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync between Colwiz calendars and mac calendar

I think that a possibility to sync the colwiz calendars and the mac calendar app would be a very nice extension

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Search by subject

The search function gives me a too broad set of articles. It would be more useful if there was an option to specify subject, e.g. marketing, nursing, engineering, social media, advertising.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Folder Flexibility

It would be nice if it would be possible to move the folders of the Library and to achieve more flexibility. So new projects (folder) may be also listed above and not as the lowest folder

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Find duplicates using checksum and hash on PDF files

Finding duplicates using DOI info is nice, but not all files have DOIs.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

True! But then colwiz also has other Data Identifiers like pubmed and arXivID apart from DOIs as fallback solutions.

Do you have something else in mind regarding this?

Thanks for posting!

15. Allow more than one Group calendar

It is usefull to have a separate calendar for, e.g. for booking devices.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

That sounds like a neat idea – thanks for taking the time to post! I have passed your suggestion on to our engineers for possible future implementation. At present we are addressing high demand requests with first priority, but please be assured that your idea will be assessed by the development team.

colwiz Team

16. Browser indicator

Browser extension that indicates if the article in the opened page was already imported into Colwiz.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Journal title not being abbreviated correctly

[Reposting. My first attempt had a typo that said the opposite of what I meant]

For example, using the Nature style in Word 2010 on Windows 7, the journal "American Journal of Physiology-Heart And Circulatory Physiology" gets abbreviated as "Am. J. Physiol. Hear. Circ. Physiol.".

The ISI Journal Title Abbreviation

http://www.efm.leeds.ac.uk/~mark/ISIabbr/A_abrvjt.html

should be

Am J Physiol-Heart C

Maybe you are using another system, but most certainly, "Heart" shouldn't be abbreviated as "Hear"

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Citation input for 'Pages' on Ipad (mini), or 'Copy citation' capacity

If its possible, can you please add some citation input capacity for the IPAD mini application, to function with 'Pages' writing software.

I would be happy if could be in the form of 'cite as you write' plugin, but if not possible, then a copy and paste function as exists in the desktop application.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  iPhone and iPad  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ColWiz should write Scrivener integration extensions.

The Scrivener writing environment is one probably the best writing software on the market. However, it has no internal bibliographic and citing support. The reference and research packages "Papers", "Zotero", and "End Note" have all written extensions and automated workflows that allow more humane workflows integrating Scrivener and bibliographic reference and citing. Would be stupendous should ColWiz do the same but better!

Thanks, Randall Lee Reetz

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Zotero importer ignores italic text

I switch over to colwiz because it supports Google Docs. After importing my library from Zotero, all text marked in italics (i. e. species names in titles) disappeared. Now I have to edit all publications and retype the html tag for italics (<i>E. coli</i>). That's quite a lot of work.
    It would be better to import this information as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Ideas and Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base