New Ideas and Suggestions

Want to shape colwiz with your ideas? Let us know your ideas and suggestions, and together, we will make colwiz even more awesome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fullscreen support for MacOs Mountain Lion

Would it be possible to create a Full screen functionality for the Mac Mountain Lion OS?

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with colwiz
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crucial

1- It will be a marvellous app/programme/website, if you can integrate Colwiz with Jabref (since Jabref is also written in Java) and/or Kbibtex. Extracting citations in Bibtex form will be much easier than now.

2- It is interesting not to see New Hart's (Oxford) style in a website/app prepared by researchers of Oxford University. It will be very kind of you if you can add it to the options.

3- Finally but momentous, it will be amazing if you can make google scholar to recognize -just and only- the articles shared to all world in Colwiz.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the Desktop app Retina display ready

because right now, all these pixels look a bit ugly on my screen :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Calendar

I think you should use the calendar in a different way The calendar should allow to attach files to the day in the calendar, in the form of links that can be positioned inside the square that comprehends the day in the calendar. Results obtained in that day, pdf files, versions of papers during writing should be positioned with notes that describe the results obtained for instance using popup windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Edit publications in Groups

Currently, it is not possible, to edit a publication in a group. Maybe, because it is just linked to the main entry. But the problem is that the title formatting (i. e. species names in italics) is lost. Also, if I click on the group's entry, the formatting gets also lost in the main entry. That's a bug, i think.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import from local Mendeley database

The current Mendeley import is pulling the info from the Mendeley website. It'll be more efficient if it could import from the local Mendeley database: faster and capable of retrieving the pdfs directly from the hard drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We understand this must be very convenient for our users to import their data directly from Mendeley’s Database and we’re trying to come up with a permanent solution for it. This idea is definitely being explored by the team.

However if you want a quicker import, you can always do it as a BibTeX file. Export your Mendeley data as a BibTeX and import it into colwiz.

Thanks for posting!

7. print out function for calendar

please install a proper printout function for the calendar - the virtual version does not work always and I want to keep printouts for documentation

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sync between Sony Reader and Colwiz

I have a Sony Reader. It will be nice to provide some applications, where I can sync between my library in colwiz and Sony Reader, so that I can access my library wherever I go.This will also facilitate to use my library even when I dont have internet , for e.g. while travelling!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While we currently don’t have plans to specifically incorporate the ability to sync with Sony Reader, we do have other alternatives for you for accessing your library while you’re traveling.

colwiz app can be used on iPhone iPad and we have an Android phone and tablet release coming very shortly.

9. it really hard to open multiple attachments at same time

so I suggest to Open attached files in new tap.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. abandoned task label

Dear Colwiz team,

I just did a follow-up on the lower ranks of my task list - and just realized that there are some projects I did not follow through and subsequently abandonned (for various reasons).
    Is it possible you add a feature abonned tasks? It would allow to keep track of them and would help with a better self-assessment on one#s project realization-rate...
    Thanks! Anna

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That really would be a cool feature, we agree. Our team is constantly looking at different alternatives to improve tracking and delegations of tasks and we shall definitely take this idea into consideration too.

Currently you can still keep track of over-due tasks by searching your tasks list and sorting by date and overdue tasks will show up with a red indicator on their due dates.

You do make a strong case with your opinion as there should be some notification given to the user when their tasks get over due. Thanks for the feedback! :)

11. Mac app - losing all annotation when a comment includes the double quote char

So I've been round and recreated the problem a few times so I'm happy its reportable.
    Although it seems like an issue that others would have hit already if it were a global issue.
    I'm finding that I lose all annotations to a pdf when I include a comment with the double quote (") character.
    I'm using version 2.13.
    Feel free to drop me an email if you would like more details.

Also on the suggestions front, a way to add links to annotations (to other docs in colwiz and urls) would save alot of time.

Great app tho,
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Many thanks for the support, we’re glad you’re enjoying using colwiz. Regarding the issue you have faced with annotation, this is unique at present but this has been reported to our support team, so they can flag up similar issues if they arise. If you need any assistance do not hesitate to contact support@colwiz.com, which is our dedicated support channel.

Your suggestion is a neat idea, I have passed this on to our developers for future implementation.

Kind regards,
    colwiz Team

12. Do the LaTeX rendering via MathJax

Use MathJax for rendering LaTeX formulas in notes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes indeed. Tasks for Calendar is definitely planned and hence it would fare better for all Group members to be able to view Tasks directly from the Calendar.

We’re currently in the initial phases of planning/designing for this feature so it may take a while before we have something to share. But do let us know if you have some more elaborate ideas of your own regarding the issue.

Thanks for posting! :)

14. Citation from captions

Adding a citation inside a figure caption doesn't work (Word Office 2010, Windows 7). The citation is given number "1", and the reference is not added to the bibliography with the citations from the main body text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Nice linefeed and white spaces needed in the web

This is quite a small thing but can be very convenient.
    I think it would be much better if colwiz "share your thoughts" post boxes can use a proper linefeed and white spaces.

It is very useful as it helps posts to be a lot easier to read. It can also be used to 1. get ideas in a post organised, 2. separate each topics, 3. make lists of items, etc. Without a proper linefeed and white spaces, a post appears as a block of texts like this paragraph.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. android app

The choices in the app are a little weak.
    I would like to add an folder for recently added and recently read.

But I love that I can use Adobe pdf Reader -- do not change that!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Android Phone/Tablet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bibtex code method to add papers

For example just by submit these codes to colwiz to import this paper

@article{PhysRevLett.110.168702,
    title = {Causal Entropic Forces},
    author = {Wissner-Gross, A. D. and Freer, C. E.},
    journal = {Phys. Rev. Lett.},
    volume = {110},
    issue = {16},
    pages = {168702},
    numpages = {5},
    year = {2013},
    month = {Apr},
    publisher = {American Physical Society},
    doi = {10.1103/PhysRevLett.110.168702},
    url = {http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevLett.110.168702}
    }

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea, and one in fact we used to implement. However, due to low usage it was removed in a previous software update. Your idea request has been ticketed to our developers, so please keep an eye on our blog (http://blog.colwiz.com/) where forthcoming updates will be reported. In the meantime, you should be able to paste the code into notepad and manually assign ‘.bib’ to the resulting saved file, which you can then drag and drop into colwiz.

18. Merge two journals

At present there is a "merge" button for authors (useful if you have the same author's name spelled two slightly different ways) but no corresponding button for journals, which I think would be useful to have.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's really hard to relocate conversation, file shared between me and another collaborator

not all of the notifications load, cannot filter notifications. Ideally, I can type in the name of my collaborator and all types of communication would appear, e.g., files that are shared in Drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are in the process of revising our Web interface. Some changes will come into effect later today with the release of our latest update. Your comments have been passed on to our development team, which will examine potential solutions to the issues you have raised. As ever, we are most grateful for you feedback.

Warm wishes,
    colwiz Team

20. Touch Screen Compatible Highlighter

Allow the highlighter to be used with a finger or stylus on a touch screen, instead of having to use a mouse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  colwiz Reader  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Ideas and Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base