New Ideas and Suggestions

Want to shape colwiz with your ideas? Let us know your ideas and suggestions, and together, we will make colwiz even more awesome!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. finding duplicates

There should be a feature to find duplicates by title or by other metadata because sometimes we end up adding same article multiple times.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with colwiz
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the "ungrouped publications" folder

It appears to me that the "ungrouped publications" folder has disappeared with the new Colwiz update, which I think is a shame because I found it helpful to be able to sort my selected papers into groups after I was done with my searches.

Now it has become confusing what happens to papers I "tick" to import from a search... they seem to end up at the bottom of my "all publications" folder (when that folder is set to sort by "date added").

Please consider bringing the ungrouped folder back or something similar.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to disable attachments syncing

I think it would be nice if users have an option not to sync attachments, but only reference. So that all the attachments (.pdf) are stored only locally.
    Attachments synching could be provided as an additional option for a particular selection of references.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey!

You can certainly disable file syncing in the colwiz Library. The option to do it is present in the “settings”. In there, go to the “File sync” tab and un-check the option of “Automatically sync all my files”.

Thanks!

4. pdf folder watch

Hi,
    As a researcher I have subscription to journals, then I download the PDFs. It is convenient to then save then in dump folder that is "watched" by colwiz and automatically imports it. This is how i function with mendeley. I can't see the feature on Colwiz, do you have something similar?

32 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Import to Colwiz" button not working either

As "Search Online" is not working for me, next I've tried to add a paper with the "Import to colwiz" button in firefox, ubuntu linux.

I search for the paper, that gives me the page

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2818.1997.1340694.x/abstract

I click on the "Import to colwiz" button on my toolbar. A column appears showing the publication, and I click on "Add to colwiz".

It seems to work, I see the message "1 Publication was added to your library".

I go to my library in the colwiz Library GUI, and the publication is not there, not in "Recent additions", or in "All publications".

After…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your post. However we’ve recently updated and fixed some bugs on our web importer. Kindly download it again and see if your problem gets fixed. Thank you.

6. Adding publication from Search online not working

I click on "Search Online" and then enter e.g. hildebrand "a new method for the model-independent" to search for a paper.

The first result is the one I want. I click on the "+" symbol to the left of the publication, and it becomes a tick. The publication is not in my library before or after this.

I drag the publication to the left column, and the column changes to show a message that says "Drop here to add in Library". I drop it there, nothing happens.

The publication never gets added to my Library.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. include a possibility to create notes / summaries of papers

I am missing a function where I can make notes on a research article (such as a 5-sentence summary for myself) which appear (ideally in the side bar already provided) when I click on the article in my library. Mendeley has a similar function implemented and I find this really useful to make notes on what papers were about without having to open and re-read them (or the abstract)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

New Ideas and Suggestions

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base