New Ideas and Suggestions

Want to shape colwiz with your ideas? Let us know your ideas and suggestions, and together, we will make colwiz even more awesome!

I think...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Find duplicates using checksum and hash on PDF files

Finding duplicates using DOI info is nice, but not all files have DOIs.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

True! But then colwiz also has other Data Identifiers like pubmed and arXivID apart from DOIs as fallback solutions.

Do you have something else in mind regarding this?

Thanks for posting!

2. Import from local Mendeley database

The current Mendeley import is pulling the info from the Mendeley website. It'll be more efficient if it could import from the local Mendeley database: faster and capable of retrieving the pdfs directly from the hard drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We understand this must be very convenient for our users to import their data directly from Mendeley’s Database and we’re trying to come up with a permanent solution for it. This idea is definitely being explored by the team.

However if you want a quicker import, you can always do it as a BibTeX file. Export your Mendeley data as a BibTeX and import it into colwiz.

Thanks for posting!

3. Make the Desktop app Retina display ready

because right now, all these pixels look a bit ugly on my screen :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add pdf preview panel

PDF preview side panel will be a great enhancement. One best remembers a paper by its visual appearance.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fullscreen support for MacOs Mountain Lion

Would it be possible to create a Full screen functionality for the Mac Mountain Lion OS?

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!

We have been considering adding support for a fullscreen experience on Mac , both the Library and Reader applications.

Keep an eye out on Blogs and Twitter, we will update you once this is made available.

Thanks for the feedback!

6. Citation input for 'Pages' on Ipad (mini), or 'Copy citation' capacity

If its possible, can you please add some citation input capacity for the IPAD mini application, to function with 'Pages' writing software.

I would be happy if could be in the form of 'cite as you write' plugin, but if not possible, then a copy and paste function as exists in the desktop application.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone and iPad  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

As stated in our response to your previous suggestion, we’re looking into expanding our citation support for a range of different word processors and we will share more with you on this soon.

Thanks for writing to us :)

7. iPad annotations in PDF

I would suggest that instead of you developing the perfect pdf reader for e.g. iPad - simply let the Colwiz use any pdf reader as a 3rd party plugin. Important is though that one can annotate and sync afterwards.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  iPhone and iPad  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. abandoned task label

Dear Colwiz team,

I just did a follow-up on the lower ranks of my task list - and just realized that there are some projects I did not follow through and subsequently abandonned (for various reasons).
    Is it possible you add a feature abonned tasks? It would allow to keep track of them and would help with a better self-assessment on one#s project realization-rate...
    Thanks! Anna

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That really would be a cool feature, we agree. Our team is constantly looking at different alternatives to improve tracking and delegations of tasks and we shall definitely take this idea into consideration too.

Currently you can still keep track of over-due tasks by searching your tasks list and sorting by date and overdue tasks will show up with a red indicator on their due dates.

You do make a strong case with your opinion as there should be some notification given to the user when their tasks get over due. Thanks for the feedback! :)

9. Improvments on PDF Reader

The PDF Reader needs some improvments:

- Please make it faster and more fluid (both when openning documents and when scrolling through pages)
    - Make the highlighting tool more intuitive by allowing the user to select text and then highlight (the Apple iBook's way is really convenient in this regard) instead of drawing a rectangle!
    - Also please make the highlighting feature compatible to other apps, so if I import a pdf document with some highlighted text, done in say adobe reader, the colwiz reader should be able to recognise that and allow me to edit/remove it like the native…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. print out function for calendar

please install a proper printout function for the calendar - the virtual version does not work always and I want to keep printouts for documentation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Calendar

I think you should use the calendar in a different way The calendar should allow to attach files to the day in the calendar, in the form of links that can be positioned inside the square that comprehends the day in the calendar. Results obtained in that day, pdf files, versions of papers during writing should be positioned with notes that describe the results obtained for instance using popup windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Journal title not being abbreviated correctly

[Reposting. My first attempt had a typo that said the opposite of what I meant]

For example, using the Nature style in Word 2010 on Windows 7, the journal "American Journal of Physiology-Heart And Circulatory Physiology" gets abbreviated as "Am. J. Physiol. Hear. Circ. Physiol.".

The ISI Journal Title Abbreviation

http://www.efm.leeds.ac.uk/~mark/ISIabbr/A_abrvjt.html

should be

Am J Physiol-Heart C

Maybe you are using another system, but most certainly, "Heart" shouldn't be abbreviated as "Hear"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes indeed. Tasks for Calendar is definitely planned and hence it would fare better for all Group members to be able to view Tasks directly from the Calendar.

We’re currently in the initial phases of planning/designing for this feature so it may take a while before we have something to share. But do let us know if you have some more elaborate ideas of your own regarding the issue.

Thanks for posting! :)

14. Sync between Colwiz calendars and mac calendar

I think that a possibility to sync the colwiz calendars and the mac calendar app would be a very nice extension

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Citation from captions

Adding a citation inside a figure caption doesn't work (Word Office 2010, Windows 7). The citation is given number "1", and the reference is not added to the bibliography with the citations from the main body text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you tell us how you’re inserting the picture on your document? Are you doing it by going into the “Insert” tab and selecting the “Picture” button? Or by some other way? Thank you.

16. Add a function to import open pdf files from browsers.

At the moment it seems that references can only be imported from a web browser using specific search engines, and from their search results or publication information pages. Being able to directly download pdfs (and the corresponding citation info) that are open in a web browser would make the web importer more versatile.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Tell the user whether import succeeded ot not

At the moment it can silently fail, perhaps because the paper is already there, and perhaps not.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for posting. Try downloading the latest version of colwiz off our website and see if the problem persists.

Also mention the source which you are importing from.

18. Show Tasks in Calendar

Currently we can't see our tasks deadlines on the calendar. It'll be cool if Task deadlines can be shown in the calendar as a separate calender.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. create the possibility to add tags to (shared) document folders

Would it be possible to tag the articles shared in our library with certain keywords? Or, otherwise, structure them in another way?
    Let's say, our group shares several hundert publications after using colwiz for a while, and you want to see all articles which are associated with a certain topic, i.e. climate change or a certain measurement method.

In this case, it would be helpful to be able to view all papers which have a certain tag.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting. This feature is already present in colwiz. Once you select a publication, double click on the panel on the right to edit its details. There, you can scroll down and find the “Keywords” tab where you can add and save keywords for that article.

Once a keyword has been associated with an article, it can be searched up with that keyword using the “view all keywords” button on the top right of your colwiz library panel. Write the keyword on the search bar there and you will see all the articles associated with it.

20. Sync between Sony Reader and Colwiz

I have a Sony Reader. It will be nice to provide some applications, where I can sync between my library in colwiz and Sony Reader, so that I can access my library wherever I go.This will also facilitate to use my library even when I dont have internet , for e.g. while travelling!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While we currently don’t have plans to specifically incorporate the ability to sync with Sony Reader, we do have other alternatives for you for accessing your library while you’re traveling.

colwiz app can be used on iPhone iPad and we have an Android phone and tablet release coming very shortly.

• Don't see your idea?

New Ideas and Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base